We recently had a chance
to sit down with one of our favorite artists, Matt Nathanson.
Since the last time we talked, Matt has gone through some career
changes as he decided to leave Universal Records, not an easy
decision to say the least. On the road to try out some new material,
Matt talked with us before the 1st night of his 3 night run at
the Paradise in Boston. Give
a Listen* as we talk about that decision to leave
Universal, his growth as a songwriter, the writing for the new
CD, and his new found love of Coldplay. *Windows Media Player
9 is needed to listen to this interview.
1. This is the first night of your three nights here, do you have big things planned for the run?
2. You recently recorded a live CD in Philadelphia. When are we going to get to hear the results?
3. Now the big question, are you happy with your decision to leave the label? Why did you leave?
4. You are in the process of writing a new CD, how is that coming along?
In one of their online videos about the recording of Stories
of a Stranger, you were shown writing and singing with Marc
Roberge of O.A.R. How did that come about?
6. You know we are fans, and have been listening to Still Waiting for Spring, and you can really hear the growth you have taken as a songwriter.
7. In your online journal, you voiced displeasure at Dave Navarro and his turn on Rock Star:INXS. Why?
8. Also in your journal, you admitted that you are a fan of Coldplay's "Fix You" while saying you are not a fan of theirs overall. Why don't you like the new "best band on the planet?"
9.Our favorite question, what are you listening to now that we should check out?
I want to thank Matt for taking the time to talk with me. He was killer the night we saw him, and just owned the following two nights, judging from the bootlegs that we heard. We look forward to when Matt comes back, and can't wait for the next CD...we jut want a mention in the Thanks section, a shameless plea if ever their was one.
Drop us a line to let me know what you think of what Matt said or just to tell us how much we suck! Email me at email@example.com