We recently had the pleasure to sit down with Geoff Rickly (singer), Tucker Rule (drums), Tim Payne (bass) of Thursday. With the release of A City By The Light Divided, Thursday brings their most impressive release to date. Give a Listen* as we talk about the rumors of a band breakup, MySpace, and the pressure of being the next big thing in rock. *Windows Media Player 9 is needed
to listen to this interview.
1. How did you get involved with the Shirts for a Cure charity? Listen
2. I've read reports that the band was disappointed with War All the Time. Is there truth to those reports? Listen
3. Who decided to stream A City By The Light Divided on Myspace before it's release? Listen
4. Many high profile releases hit the internet before they are actually released, but A City By The Light Divided hasn't seemed to hit yet. Do you think streaming on MySpace is the reason? Listen
5. The first single "Counting 5-4-3-2-1" is actually a pretty old song that you have tried to record in the past. Why was this time different? Listen
6. What was it like working with Dave Fridmann (Flaming Lips) as a producer? Listen
7. Where did the idea come from for the "treasure hunt" going on, on your website?
8. How close was the band to breaking up? Listen
9. Was the band affected by the press deaming you the new face of rock before War was released? Listen
10. Some fans seem to think that the new disc, A City By The Light Divided doesn't have enough screaming. Listen
11. You almost had the nice rock cliche of a plane crash. How close was the plane to actually crashing? Listen
12. After this tour run, you are heading to Europe for some dates. How different are the audiences? Listen
I want to thank the guys for taking the time to talk with me. We look forward to when the guys come back to Boston later this year.
Drop us a line to let me know what you think of what Thursday said
or just to tell us how much we suck! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org