had the extreme pleasure of talking with Jim Donovan of Rusted
Root before their show in Philadelphia, PA at the Electric Factory
to benefit Chris Slemmer. Jim, as always, was great in sharing
his insight into the band, his solo career, how he got started
in drumming, and more.
1. How have your workshops and drum circles been going?
2. How did you get into drumming and get into starting these
3. This show is a benefit for Chris Slemmer. Can you tell me
a little about the benefit?
4. What has the response been so far to your new CD, Revelation
5. Since you are playing all the instruments, how do you go about
crafting each song?
6. My favorite song on the disc is "Las Vegas," can
you tell me a little about it?
7. You seem to be very active on the 'Net...is the Internet something
you use a lot?
8. What are your thoughts about digital music and file swapping
9. Last time I talked with a member of the band, you were discussing
on whether to go to another label or release a new CD yourselves.
Any news on which you chose?
10. What advise do you have for people just starting out in music?
I want to thank Jim for taking the time to talk with me and for
10 years of great music. Everyone should check out Rusted
Root when they come to your town and be sure to check out
one of Jim's