On Wednesday July 18 th,
I had the great pleasure of interviewing Fletcher Lea (bass) and
Brandin Lea (vocals) of Flickerstick, recent winners of VH1's
Bands On the Run. We briefly talked after their sold out show
in Philadelphia. Among the topics discussed were digital music,
Andy Warhol's theory of 15 minutes of fame, and how their lives
have changed since the show has aired.
1. The question on everyone's mind since you won VH1's Bands
On the Run, is where can we find your debut CD, Welcoming Home
2. What has been the response of the band snice the show aired?
Have you been floored or what?
3. What has been the biggest change since the show aired? The
4. Did the band have any influence on how the show was edited
as far as concert footage?
5. Have there been any lingering scars of what was shown or said
by band members?
6. Is there any new material on the way other than the song "Telling
all the World?"
7. What is it like to have your brother in the band? Is it like
most other groups with siblings who fight?
8. What is your opinion of digital music and distributors such
as Napster and MP3.com
9. Are you scared that after the buzz of the show, that your
15 minutes of fame will be up?
10. Do you have a favorite song?
11. Can you tell me about the song "Direct Line to the Telepathic"
12. How did you decide to work the Mazzy Star classic "Fade
Into You" into the set?